Monday, June 24, 2013

The Windmill Farmer

Hi. I live on this tiny little farm just out of Hawkes Bay. I live in a old wrecked house.  It is green and has heaps and heaps of grass outside.  Finally, the day that I could start planting my windmills. I was really excited. I started from on end of my field to the next. I just got to the last one and gave it a lucky blow then planted it. I went inside for a cup of tea I went outside to water my Windmills because they are a plant, they need water. I came to the last one and looked at it. It wasn’t forming promptly. I gave it a quick spin and away it went again. It was hard at first, because it had a leaf stuck in the join to the blade’s. It wasn’t very strong.  

I was inside my house and checking my radio while I was having a cup of tea. “Great” I said. There was a freak storm about to come right for me. I was devastated. I quickly went outside and checked on my windmills and there it was. The storm. The little windmill right at my door snapped and flew off into the distance. I was so sad. Me and that windmill had a special bond together. It was like my child. I went to go try find it up in the hills and then the rain kicked in. It poured down. Then another windmill snapped. Then another and another and another and it went on like that.  So there I was planting more windmills but I will never forget the little small one that I span. There will be nothing like that windmill ever again.     

1 comment:

  1. wow great story Ethin. I like the way you finished it off. Great Work.

    ReplyDelete