Friday, September 20, 2013

Yachting Reflection 2013

Yachting
Over the past week I have been Optimist Yachting and Kayaking. This is my reflection. Something I was pleased with was Yachting because I liked going round the sharp corners and flying round on the water. It was exciting because I have never been optimist yachting before and I thought it was really cool.

Something that I got scared about was going out far in the Kayak because I panicked a little and I couldn’t row left enough and I kept going the other direction. I got a little stressed with the kayak and I think I should go in a double next time so I won't get stuck and if I do the other person can come with me.

Something I need to improve is how to use a kayak oar properly and figuring out how to steer the kayak properly so I don’t go out where I was last time. That was freaky so that is my goal for next time.  

Something I could have done better was using the mainsheet the first time and not chicken out and sail back to shore and go back to the tiller prostitution  because I was too scared and made the rope very loose. I didn’t like it when the boat tipped when I was in control.



My plan next time I would like to go in a yacht by myself and be in charge so I can go by myself and I know when I want to steer and use the mainsheet so I know what to do it. I would also go on a single kayak so I can go at my own pace and not get a sore back anymore



Allround Day 1 (Monday)
It was really fun because it was my very first time in a yacht. I liked doing the tiller best and I went in a boat with Milly and in the kayak I was by myself and I got drifted out to sea.  It was terrible.  I liked rowing and sailing around the lake because it was fun and peaceful. I thought that this was really fun and I wanted to go again.
Allround Day 2 (Thursday)
Thursday was fun. We went yachting first and my buddy was Alex. She was a good buddy and I went on Mainsheet first and It was fun. Alex wanted to go on tiller and  I was fine with that.  It turned out that I was good at doing Mainsheet and I was just a (chicken thee first time.) For kayaking I was with Milly and we went under the bridge and around the harbour. It was fun. Milly took us around most of the harbour and I could just  sit back and relax. It was an amazing exprienice.  




1 comment: