Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Trains: Question Writing

Trains


1.What type of train would you prefer steam trains or electric trains Paige


3..What do you know about trains Hayden


4.What kind of trains do you like and what is your favorite train.Crystal.


5. Why did you choose the train. Zayde


2.How many times have you been on a train. Ethan


=====================================================================


Psssssssss, goes the steam engine on my computer as I am watching it of previous Art Deco weekends. JA1271 coming through from paekakariki.  I have never been on a big Steam Locomotive like this one before and really want to go on one. I have been on one at Silverstream Railway and been in the cab but not one with a tender.  I want to go on one this Art Deco. weekend.  I have been on heaps of small and little ones millions of times. I know how to build them, drive them and look after them. I am one of the youngest members of Keirunga Park Railway. My Dad introduced me to the railway when I was 4 and  I went up almost every month. I would personally go with the steam engine and chug around the countryside and blow lose branches off trees with the whistle.  I have been down that line before and it was terrible as you would get  hit with branches everywhere.


Steam trains were first made in the 18th century and it was called Rocket. It is also known as Stephensons Rocket. It was a slow loco and the track took ages to build without all of the machinery that we have know to transport it. Every Labour Weekend and Easter Weekend Keirunga Park Railway(KPR) has a 4 day weekend when steam locomotives can come to the railway from all around the North Island.  Easter weekend KPR’s Open weekend as it celebrates its birthday and last year it had its 20th Birthday. They had up to 50 different locomotives from the North Island and even a loco from the South Locomotive. My favorite train from KPR is a locomotive from Levin and it has a named called: Aspen Southern RR. It is numbered 500 and it survived the crash the the railway had in 2011. Since then it has been fixed and runs around the railway like there is no tomorrow.


My Dad has made an deisel locomotive that is an 0-6-0 and it is an shunter in England. Now he is in the process of making a steam locomotive that is a hudson. 4-6-4 wheel alignment and I have helped him with main parts on both locomotives.  Dads locomotives have lots of problems. The governour always plays up and kills the motor whenever we want to start. KPR has a range of points and signals and I know how they work. I learnt when I was five and it is still in my head. The Railway has 3 tunnels that around the 842 meter track as it goes around Havelock Hill at Keirunga Gardens. I choose trains because they are my passion.




                                                                                                                                                                                          

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ethin.
    In that story you have included everything from the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for trains has always amazed me,one day you will run kpr,great story Ethin.

    ReplyDelete